Be the Police Officer you have always wanted to be
We are currently recruiting Police Constable rejoiners.
Variety, Challenge, Opportunity. You'll find everything you're looking for and more in Surrey.
As a successful Police Constable, you will find a refreshing variety of work at Surrey Police. It's a chance to be really involved in your neighbourhood responding to, preventing and investigating crime - with rewards better than you think.
The opportunities and variety in our county are numerous. Surrey's close proximity to London means we face the capital's challenges as well as supporting rural communities in beautiful countryside.
Surrey is a great place to work. It's easier to get specialist advice, network and to make it known when you want to gain experience and progress.
You can be the difference. Inclusivity is important to Surrey Police which is why we are looking for talented individuals to reflect the communities we serve. So whatever your background, ethnicity, gender, religion or sexual orientation, we welcome you, and your application.
There's a wide range of places to live within the county, both urban and rural, plus excellent connections to London and the countryside.
Isn't it time you made your move?
Why join Surrey?
- Entitlement to Surrey Regional Allowance of £3000 per annum
- Fuel card or rail season ticket with 2 years or more service
- Plus free bus travel across Surrey
- Geographical preferences will be considered in all posting decisions
Find out more about the above and other benefits that we can offer you.
Am I eligible?
• Have served in a Home Office Force.
• Have completed your probation period prior to leaving the force and achieved independent patrol status.
• Have had no disciplinary, integrity or performance issues.
• Have a full UK manual driving licence.
• Not have any cautions or convictions.
• Have not made another application to re-join another police force at the same time.
• Have resided in the UK for three years immediately prior to submitting your application (exceptions to this are considered on a case by case basis).
• Declare any business interests.
• Not be a member of the British National Party (BNP) or similar organisation.
• Not have any existing County Court Judgements (CCJs) outstanding against you or have been registered bankrupt and not have been discharged for the past three years.
• Not have any tattoos which cause offence.
Please download and complete the attached learning needs questionnaire and attach it to your application.
Your application form and learning needs questionnaire will be reviewed prior to being offered an interview and will help determine the most suitable entry route. If you have been out of policing for more than 5 years, your application will be reviewed and only considered if you have specific skills the force requires or have evidenced working in an investigative role since leaving policing.
Please note that before submitting your application you will be required to upload the following documentation:
- Last 2 PDRs (if available)
- Training History
- Driving Licence
- Learning Needs Questionnaire (attached)
These documents are mandatory and you will be unable to submit your application unless they have been uploaded to your application.
We are only as good as our people. It’s really important to us that our officers and staff can be themselves in the workplace. And we believe that as an organisation we’ll benefit from the variety of thinking, approach and skills that diversity can bring; all of which helps us to deliver a better policing service.
We have worked really hard to create a safe, open and inclusive culture. We have a range of staff networking groups to provide specific support and advice and we are also proud to be a member of Stonewall and Disability Confident, and to be aligned with the Armed Forces Covenant and the HeForShe movement.
We value the differences that people bring from all backgrounds and communities so, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, disability, social status or religious beliefs, we would love to hear from you.